ProvidersBringing medication management to a CPC+ practice near you FOR FREE!
August 15, 2019 |
By Kristen Engelen, PharmD
Delivering comprehensive primary care as a CPC+ organization creates value. But it also takes a lot of work.
RxLive and our national network of expert clinical pharmacists can help. We’re already working with some of your fellow CPC+ organizations as well as other forward-thinking providers to make it easy — and free — for providers to seamlessly integrate skilled clinical pharmacists into organizations like yours.
Our carefully selected and trained clinical pharmacists are passionate about counseling patients as well as serving providers. We will help your practice and patients:
- Fully reconcile all applicable medications, ensuring that all prescriptions, OTC meds and supplements, diet and environmental/social issues are all considered together, across all the patient’s providers, their social needs and other factors affecting their health and well-being
- Simplify regimens
- Assess and monitor side effects and high-risk medication use to prevent avoidable errors and admissions
- Save money. We recommend cost-saving options that save patients (and risk-sharing providers) unnecessary expenditures
- Monitor medication adherence and develop plans to address challenges
Bottom line — improve clinical outcomes, cost-effectively, while ensuring you get appropriately compensated for doing so.
Supporting the 5 comprehensive primary care functions
RxLive can help busy physicians and care teams across multiple practice settings deal with rising medication complexity as part of the 5 comprehensive primary care functions of a successful CPC+ organization.
Of course, CPC+ Function 3 parameters of comprehensiveness and coordination particularly come into play, notably managing medications to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and safety. This includes:
- Assessing the patient’s medication-related needs
- Integrating a pharmacist into your care team
- Including individualized therapeutic goals in the patient care plan
- Providing formulary management
- Following up to determine actual patient outcomes and conducting ongoing medication reconciliation
In addition, RxLive’s medication management services also support the other CPC+ functions including:
Function 1: Access and continuity
- Ensure timely access to care: Provide 24/7 access to care
- Optimize continuity with the practitioner and/or care team
Function 2: Care management
- Assign and adjust risk status for each patient
- Provide longitudinal care management to patients at high risk for adverse health outcome or harm
- Provide episodic care management, including management across transitions and referrals
Function 4: Patient and caregiver engagement
- Engage patients and caregivers to guide improvement in the system of care
- Integrate self-management support into usual care across conditions
- Engage patients in shared decision-making
Function 5: Planned care and population health
- Use team-based care to meet patient needs efficiently
- Proactively manage chronic and preventive care for empaneled patients
An RxLive CPC+ case study
High Lakes Health Care, a multi-site practice based in Bend, OR, is a believer. Thus far, together we’ve been able to drive:
- $5 to $30 revenue share per consultation
- All CPC+ pharmacy-related measures fulfilled
- Zero up-front cost and zero net cost
- With an average 10 medications per patient, RxLive’s clinical pharmacists have suggested 1.6 med changes per patient
- Hours of response time to referrals <12
- 5 value-based checklist items covered per session
- 1 significant adherence challenge identified for each 4-item questionnaire
- Patient satisfaction 9.0 or higher out of 10
Whether you’re an established CPC+ practice or just getting started, We’d love to talk with you about how a partnership with RxLive is easy, affordable and can quickly be up and running to serve your patients and providers.
All information found in the contents of this blog is based on the opinions of the author unless otherwise noted. We encourage all readers to consult with a medical professional before making any health changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. No information on this site should be used to prevent, diagnose, treat or cure any health condition. This information is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as specific individual medical advice.
Kristen Engelen, Pharm D
Kristen Engelen, PharmD, is the chief pharmacy officer of RxLive and a certified consultant pharmacist; she has over a decade of experience in retail pharmacy settings. Dr. Engelen became an RxLive co-founder because of her passion for geriatric pharmacy, with a focus on the intersection of pharmacy and aging.